THE Club ROYAL PARK HOTELS
Article 1. (Purpose)
Royal Park Hotels and Resorts Co., Ltd. ("the Company") has established and administers a membership program for "THE Club Royal Park Hotels" ("the Club") through which a guest ("Guest") who stays at or uses the restaurant and other services of the Company's hotels or hotels that use a trademark of the Company with the authorization of the Company (such hotels are hereinafter referred to collectively with hotels managed and operated by the Company as "Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels") as well as the facilities and services that are affiliated with the Company ("Affiliates"), as set forth in Article 9, Paragraph 1 of this Agreement, may join the Club. A Guest upon becoming a Club member ("Member") may receive privileges and discounts and be awarded points depending upon the amount of money spent, and may receive predetermined privileges and benefits from the Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels according to the total number of points awarded.
Article 2. (Purpose of the Articles)
"THE Club Royal Park Hotels Membership Agreement" ("the Agreement") determines matters necessary for the administration, etc. of the Club and shall be applicable to the Company, Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels and the Club (collectively "the Company, etc.") and to the Members specified in Article 5.
Article 3. (Establishment of rules)
The Company, etc. may establish various rules as needed other than those stipulated in the Agreement and such rules shall constitute a part of the Agreement.
Article 4. (Changes to the Agreement, etc.)
The Company, etc. reserves the right to change or cancel the Agreement and the rules as set forth in the preceding Article ("the Agreement, etc.") at any time. Such changes to or cancellation of the Agreement, etc. shall be notified to a Member as set forth in Article 5 in a manner as set forth in Article 21. In this case, the revised Agreement shall be applied on and after the date of any such change.
Article 5. (Qualification for Membership)
The Member means the person who agrees to the Agreement, and enrolls in the Club. Any person falling under any of the following items, however, shall not be allowed to become a Member.
- (1) A person or group that is an organized crime group, a member or associate member of an organized crime group, an organized crime related group, an organized crime group related person or its constituent (including an organization) that might promote or trigger illegal or unjust acts, or any other antisocial force ("Organized Crime Group, etc.").
- (2) A minor, younger than eighteen years at the time of the enrollment. Further, even after becoming a Member, in accordance with the rules determined by the Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels, a minor younger than twenty years may only stay at a Royal Park Hotels Group Hotel with the permission of the minor’s guardian.
- (3) A corporation or group, excluding those cases that the Company has accepted in particular.
- (4) When payment of the fee to a Royal Park Hotels Group Hotel is delayed at the time of the enrollment, or where nonpayment or delayed payment of such a fee has previously occurred, and the Company, etc. judges that there is a difficulty concerning the enrollment of the membership of such a person.
- (5) A person who has previously had their name removed from the list of the membership.
- (6) Any other person whom the Company, etc. judges to be inappropriate. In this case, the Company, etc. shall not be required to disclose the reason for such a judgment.
Article 6. (Cancellation of the membership)
The Club is vested with the right to cancel the membership of a Member who falls under any of the following cases, without notifying the Member beforehand. A Member whose membership has been cancelled cannot receive privileges prescribed in the Agreement any more thereafter, and the Company, etc. shall not be responsible for any damages caused to the relevant Member or a third party as a result of such cancellation. In a case where this Article is applicable, the Company, etc. shall not be required to disclose the reason for such a judgment.
- (1) When any item set forth in the preceding Article is applicable to a Member.
- (2) When a member has performed any act infringing public order or morals, laws and ordinances.
- (3) When a Member has performed any act that causes a disadvantage to another Member or a third party, such as slander of another Member or a third party.
- (4) When a Member has performed any act interfering with the administration of the Company, etc.
- (5) When there is a false declaration or registration made by a Member to the Company, etc.
- (6) When there is a violation of the Agreement by a Member.
- (7) When the Company, etc. judges for any other reason that the Member is not eligible to be a Member.
Article 7. (How to become a Member)
A person who has received the membership card ("the Card") issued to each Member, signed the Card, and is eligible to be awarded points as set forth in Article 10, can be regarded as a Member of the Club. It is still necessary for the Member to complete their membership registration through a smartphone, personal computer or at the front desk of a Royal Park Hotels Group Hotel.
Article 8 (Prohibition of multiple membership registrations)
A Member can only have one membership registration and one assigned membership number. If it is established that a Member has multiple registrations, the Club has the right to select any one registration as effective and invalidate the other registrations; upon invalidation any points awarded to the invalid card(s) are void and cannot be transferred to the remaining registration.
Article 9. (Use of the Card)
- 1. The Card can be used for the facilities and services designated by the Company, etc. in Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels or at Affiliates. Please refer to the Members only website (https://www.royalparkhotels.co.jp/the-club/) for the available hotels and directly-managed stores in the hotels and Affiliates where the Card can be used.
- 2. A Member shall present the Card before use and settle the account by cash, a recognized credit card (including gift certificates issued by credit card companies) or other methods of payment that the Company permits. In the case of a charge account, the privileges listed in Articles 10 and 11 are not available.
- 3. A Member can avail himself/herself of the privileges listed in Articles 10 and 11 only upon presentation of the Card or entering the card number in a manner specified by the Company, etc. Please refer to Articles 10 and 11, or the Members only website (https://www.royalparkhotels.co.jp/the-club/) for details of the membership privileges.
- 4. Use of the Card is restricted to the cardholder who has signed the Card. The Card shall not be transferred or loaned to another person. The Card cannot be used when it has not been signed.
- 5. In principle, the Card privileges cannot be used in conjunction with other individual membership privileges provided by Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels or other privileges.
- 6. There are no facilities to keep the Card at Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels or at any directly-managed store in the hotels.
Article 10. (Awarding points and membership levels)
- 1. When a Member makes a room reservation using the Point Awards Plan through the website managed by the Company, etc. or over the telephone or by other means directly with a Royal Park Hotels Group Hotel and the Member himself/herself actually stays there, the Club shall, depending upon the room rates, award the requisite number of points to the Member the day after the check-out date. The eligible amount of money for which points will be awarded does not include any taxes, local taxes, gratuity, massage fees, parking lot fees, or telephone charges. The points shall be awarded for the cost of the Accommodation Plan, in any case where the Accommodation Plan (meals and beverages are included in addition to the room charge) is used (excluding some Accommodation Plans not covered by the Point Awards Plan). Points shall not be awarded for the stay of a Member if the reservation was not made directly to a Royal Park Hotels Group Hotel.
- 2. The Company shall award points to a Member according to the amounts paid for the Point Awards Menu or the Accommodation Plan the day after the use of a restaurant by the Member in a Royal Park Hotels Group Hotel to which privileges are applied.
- 3. The Company shall award points to a Member according to the amounts paid when using the stores of Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels, online shops of the hotels on the Internet or Affiliates to which privileges are applied to (excluding items for which points are not awarded).
- 4. Concerning the awarding of points as set-forth in the preceding three Paragraphs, points shall be awarded for every 100 yen (excluding consumption tax, any remaining amount less than 100 yen shall be rounded down) of the amount of eligible money to which points are awarded, calculated in accordance with the Membership level prescribed in Paragraph 6 hereof, however, such points cannot be used before they are actually awarded to a Member. The day on which points are awarded may be changed depending on the situation.
- 5. Even if the reservation had been made with a hotel following the designated procedures, when a Member did not actually stay in the hotel as planned, their reservation does not qualify to be awarded points and the points shall be deducted.
- 6. The Membership level of a Member in the following fiscal year shall be changed depending upon the annual total amount of the Use Requirements by the Member in this fiscal year.
When a Member has met a level-up condition within a fiscal year, however, the level of the Member shall be changed on the first day of the month after the month in which the condition was met.
|Use amount eligible for
200 thousand yen
|More than 200 thousand yen and
less than 500 thousand yen
|More than 500 thousand yen and
less than one million yen
one million yen
|Number of days’
|More than 10 days and
less than 40 days
|More than 40 days and
less than 60 days
|Number of stays||Less than
|More than 4 times and
less than 14 times
|More than 14 times and
less than 24 times
|Point award rates||5%||6%||8%||10%|
*The term fiscal year means a term between April 1st and March 31st, assuming April as the starting month of a year.
- 7. When a change is made to the Membership Level pursuant to Paragraph 6, the higher level points award rate shall be applied.
Article 11. (Usage of the points and expiration date of the points)
- 1. The Card with an already completed membership registration should be presented by the cardholder when they intend to use the accumulated points. The points cannot be used before the membership registration has been completed.
- 2. A Member can allocate units of 1,000 points to cover payment of 1,000 yen.
- 3. The points awarded in a fiscal year are effective until the end of March of two fiscal years later. The fiscal year refers to a term between April 1st and March 31st (excluding some campaign points that otherwise specify the expiration date).
- 4. The points once used cannot be returned again. However, when returning a product redeemed in exchange for the accumulated points, the equivalent number of the points to the product shall be returned to the membership account, only when the relevant Card is presented.
- 5. The points of a Member cannot be transferred to a third party.
6. The following items are not covered by the Point Awards Plan;
- - Internet prior settlement reservation.
- - Meals, beverages or product purchases outside of the facilities or services designated by the Company, etc. as set forth in Article 9, Paragraph 1.
- - Internet shopping on websites managed by the hotels.
- 7. The point allocations as prescribed in Article 10, Paragraph 4 shall not be applied when using the accumulated points. No change shall be paid when the points are redeemed.
- 8. Points shall never be redeemed for actual cash.
Article 12. (Changes in the registered matters)
A Member is responsible for informing the Company of any change to registered matters, including any e-mail address ("Mail address") by using the predetermined change procedures without delay. The Company, etc. shall not be responsible for any damages caused by non-arrival or late-arrival of information or any other disadvantages due to a Member's failure to comply with such change procedures.
Article 13. (Loss or theft of the Card)
Whenever a Card is lost or stolen, a Member shall immediately inform the Club to that effect. Such a lost or stolen Card shall never be reissued and the reserved accumulated points shall become invalid. The Member who owns the lost or stolen Card shall bear any and all responsibilities arising from this situation.
Article 14. (Resignation of membership)
A Member can resign from the Club at any time and shall complete the resignation procedure at the front desk of a Royal Park Hotels Group Hotel or at the Club. The accumulated points shall become invalid at completion of the resignation procedure.
Article 15. (Loss of membership qualifications and points)
1. A Member shall lose their membership qualifications and points when they fall under either of the following items:
- (1) No points have been awarded in the two years since the last day of the enrollment fiscal year.
(2) No points have been awarded in the two years since the last day of the fiscal year in which the Card was used.
* Enrollment fiscal year and fiscal year in which the Card was used refers to a term between April 1st and March 31st, assuming April as the starting month of a year.
2. The points awarded shall, in other than the preceding two cases, expire after two years since the last day of the fiscal year when the points were awarded. (However, this shall not include some campaign points where the expiration date of the points is otherwise specified and some membership level special benefits).
Article 16. (Prohibition of transfer of rights, etc.)
- 1. A Member shall not lend, transfer or pledge or otherwise offer as security their position as a Member or the whole or part of the rights and obligations to be derived from their membership, to a third party.
- 2. If the business of the Club is transferred to a third party, the position of the Club, the claims and obligations to be derived from it, registration matters of a Club Member, and other personal information involved shall be allowed to be transferred to such a third party, and a Club Member is required to give consent beforehand to such transfer.
Article 17. (Sending of Information to Members)
Article 18. (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 19. (Disclaimer)
- 1. The Company, etc. shall never be responsible for checking whether information sent for membership registration through a smartphone or personal computer has arrived to the computer system of the Company, etc., or if information sent from the Company, etc. has arrived to the personal computer or mobile phone, etc. of a Member, or if the information that has arrived is the same as the information sent.
- 2. The Company, etc. shall never be responsible for any damage caused to a Member who failed to utilize the privileges provided by the Company, etc. as set-forth in the Agreement due to the circumstances of the Member, or any damage caused by the termination or alteration of the privileges prescribed in the Agreement.
- 3. The Company, etc. shall never be responsible for any damage caused to a Member who failed to utilize the privileges as set-forth in the Agreement as a result of fire, wind damage or natural disaster such as an earthquake, or other event of force majeure.
- 4. The Company, etc. shall never be liable for any damage caused to a Member for any reason, even by the alteration of the Agreement by the Club, etc., and shall never have any duty to provide compensation.
Article 20. (Compensation for damages)
In a case where a Member damages a third party in conjunction with the Agreement, such a Member shall solve the problem at their own responsibility and burden and shall never cause the Company, etc. any inconvenience.
Article 21. (Notification)
The Company, etc. shall notify a Member of any information by any of the following means: e-mail, posting on the websites of the Royal Park Hotels Group Hotels, or any other means that the Company, etc. judges to be appropriate.
Article 22. (Severability)
If any provision or its part of the Agreement shall, by the Consumer Contract Act or any other laws or regulations, be invalid, the remaining provisions other than such provision or such part shall not be affected or impaired, and shall remain in full force.
Article 23. (Governing language)
The Agreement is prepared in the Japanese language, and when any item in the Agreement is translated into English, only the Japanese official text has effect as the Agreement.
Article 24. (Jurisdiction)
All disputes arising out of the Agreement shall be exclusively brought in the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance.
Article 25. (Governing Law)
The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed and interpreted under the laws of Japan.
The Agreement shall become effective on October 1, 2013.
The Agreement is revised on April 1, 2015.
The Agreement is revised on April 1, 2019.
Inquiries about this Agreement
THE Club Royal Park Hotels Membership Services Office
Toll Free Number in Japan: 0120-657-788 (Weekdays 10:00 to 17:00 JST)
For information about the following items concerning the Agreement, please refer to website of the Company or the Members only website:
- 1. The available hotels and directly-managed stores in the hotels
- 2. Membership points awarding
- 3. Membership points use
- 4. Membership privileges
- 5. Member registration